About Us

My Photo
actor. blogger. activist. www.lynnchen.com

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Lynn - Head Shots

Oh, it's been one of the days where my head hasn't been screwed on right. The day started off fine - with 30-min. of upper arm weights and a delicious brekkie:

Last night I dumped some frozen organic raspberries into some organic plain yogurt. This morning it thawed to form this gorgeous magenta base, which I added a little NuStevia to and topped with 1/4 cup of Fig N Nuts Granola, made by the Best Damn Granola Company. It's available via Regional Best (who sent us the lavender salts too) and really was the perfect combo of flavors (you know how I love the figs). Crunch, crunch, chew, chew.

I also sipped on some honey chamomile tea with some Vitamin D3 gummies, my multi (it's a generic store brand), green pills, and a Newman's Ginger Mint.

Then my day got silly. After a near alternate-side-of-street-parking-ticket incident which got my heart pumping, I drove an hour in traffic to Santa Monica for an audition that I thought was all improv (it's an improv show) but turns out there were 4 pages of sides (that's what they call audition scenes). So I wound up having a very, very, very cold reading that left me feeling, well, not so hot. Both were mistakes that could've easily been avoided, but I dunno what to say - brain fart.

After that I headed to my new manager's office to drop off some headshots. I just realized I never shared my pix from my commercial shoot back in August. Here are the ones my commercial agents chose:

But these are the ones I dropped off with my manager, which are for theatrical (TV/film) -

Don't I look threatening in that first one? That's for all the uber serious drama stuff I go in for.

Lots more traffic, a trip to the gas station and Trader Joe's, and I was READY for lunch:

A starving salad: organic spinach/herb salad mix, avocado, TJ's hodgepodge mix and some frozen broccoli, a Sunshine Burger, chopped pickles, 1/2 an organic carrot, and Wild Garden hummus thinned out with water for dressing.

With a side of Guiltless Gourmet Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Tortilla Chips.

This day keeps going - I have to take Julius for a walk before teaching a piano lesson. I changed my regular Tuesday night shrinky dink appointment to a phoner instead, so I don't have to do any more driving in traffic than I have to. Give my little noggin a rest.

Theme song of the day: "Where is My Mind?"


share on: facebook

20 comments:

  1. Great headshots! I thought the third one was a little intense but I could definitely see it to the theme of Law and Order. And the 4th one reminded me of Charmed for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you look beautiful! And more importantly, your spirit and insight is beautiful.

    Have a wonderful evening, lovely lady
    tons of love,
    becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the 3rd has you all set for Desperate Housewives! Think of the stir in the neighborhood with a young hot Asian woman moving in. No?

    Seriously, great pics. Sorry about the audition mixup. That's sucks when you feel unprepared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your headshots are great!
    We all have brain farts, so don't be too hard on yourself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I love those headshots of you! You do look quite serious in the third one...seriously gorgeous ;)

    The artichoke parm chips sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Love the head shots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,You look beautiful & great headshots :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your headshots look awesome!
    This is so fun to read, as I was a total wannabe actor freak when I was a little girl. I told EVERYBODY that I was gonna be famous. Sad story.

    I lovee raspberries in smoothies and yogurt, SO PINK. Giada taught me true love that is raspberries.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, for the last one, if you held a chopper knife in your hand, you could be the poster shot for a
    horror movie. "Beauty in the Kitchen!"
    You look gorgeous in all of them, though. I particularly love the 3rd one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahah you DO look threatening! Sort of like you're about to launch at me and pull my hair for sleeping with your husband who got into a car accident and has amnesia after finding out you are pregnant with twins, each twin with a different father!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I love the difference between the comercial shots and the drama ones. A woman of many faces ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so pretty! I love the last shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will try the "Actors Diet".... ;)

    Face Studios Photography
    www.facestudiosLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to meet you finally Lynn! heheh It must be fun to take those head shots huh? :) Thank you for sharing! And thank you for disclosing all those fabulous pills you get to take! (I tried those gummies at Whole Foods and love them!!!) Interesting that a Newman's mint found itself into the combo too. :P The lucky mint!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both your headshots and oatmeal look beautiful. I hate cold readings. Hate em. They can be interesting (dare I say, fun) for an acting class, but absolutely awful when you're hoping to make an impression on a casting director. Glad you got out of the ticket though!

    ReplyDelete