About Us

My Photo
actor. blogger. activist. www.lynnchen.com

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lynn - Appetite Found

Whew. Hunger came back with a vengeance 3 hours after my mini lunch yesterday. It kinda hit me out of the blue - one second I was reading blogs on the couch, the next I was screaming, "Are you ready for dinner, Abe?!"

Luckily there were wonderful leftovers to be consumed, stat. I'd made a lazy lasagna on Thursday night, this time using only cottage cheese (no yogurt) with a sprinkle of Nutritional Yeast on top.


I'd forgotten to add an egg, and we still don't have mozzarella cheese in the house, so once again, it didn't meld fantastically. Tasted delightful, though.

Dessert was a thick slice of pumpkin bread and a cup of Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai with organic skim milk and Erythritol. I'd made a loaf from some store-bought pumpkin mix, substituting the milk with rice milk, the eggs with egg whites, and the oil with canned pumpkin puree.


The result was tremendous - super moist and bursting with pumpkin. I'm stocking up on more bread mix and canned pumpkin this season! I felt so happy and content eating this delicious meal after feeling ravenous. (I've also snapped out of my poopie mood today, by the way!)

We watched the documentary "Every Little Step," which follows the casting of the Broadway revival of "A Chorus Line." The movie was good - it was entertaining, and truly captured the emotion involved during the casting process. I even shed a few tears for those actors - the ones who made it, and the ones who didn't. I also felt incredibly relieved that I no longer go out for musicals, which I did when I was first starting out in NYC ten years ago. Those dance routines and cattle calls are brutal!

While watching the movie my mouth was bored so I sucked on a raspberry tootsie and drank some extra bubbly seltzer from my Sodastream.


I hope everyone is having a great weekend, especially those at the Foodbuzz Festival! I'm a little sad because I had originally planned on stopping by - I was supposed to be in San Francisco for an "X's and O's" screening party but wound up canceling since I'm doing a lot of traveling these next few months. It looks like everyone's having a great time so far. Happy Saturday and don't forget to enter our Chobani giveaway, which ends on Wednesday!


share on: facebook

19 comments:

  1. Yay! for good appetite, mood and food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pumpkin bread sounds really good. i was planning on making a loaf today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank goodness you appetite kicked in just in time for all the yumminess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very impressed with all of your baking- the pumpkin bread sounds wonderful. Im sad I am not at Foodbuzz either. San Fran is one of my favorite cities in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very cute mug!I love it!!!

    that lazy lasagna recipe would work for me:) looks so easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha I'm not surprised looking at food blogs made you hungry! There's some hormone that's released when you look at pics of food and basically turn on the hunger! True story.

    I wish I was at FoodBuzz too! I had no plans to go but I still would have loved to go. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pumkin Braed, we had pumkin flavored pasta today at Costco, both me and my daughter loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Damn it, it would have been so nice to finally meet you, Lynn! PLease make it to the next one (fingers crossed that there will be a 2nd festival), because it was freaking AWESOME!!

    And lol, reading food blogs will make that hunger appear again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that pumpkin bread sounds fantastic! Great idea with the substitutions! Glad to hear your appetite is back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to see that documentary, sounds good!
    That pumpkin bread looks delicious, makes me wanna have a bite;)

    xxx Julia (Taste of Living)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm, pumpkin bread!! Love it.
    And, lazy lasagna? Even better! It sounds like an oxymoron, as lasagna usually takes forrrreeever! But it's always worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My lasagna always looks bad, but tastes delicious!!

    And, I am loving pumpkin bread right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That lasagna looks delicious. And I'm lovin all your game drinkware. The Scrabble mug is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pumpkin bread... yum! I finally found canned pumpkin today at TJ's- it's the strangest thing, but there is some sort of pumpkin shortage going on in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have to check out that documentary. I moved to NYC to be an actor, and while every aspect of it is pretty daunting, the competition amongst singers and dancers is its own beast.

    That pumpkin loaf recipe sounds amazing. Lollipops are always a good oral distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good food is always a great way to snap out of a bad mood!
    Love the PacMan glass!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lasagna and pumpkin bread. I don't think it can get much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pumpkin bread? Yes please!

    The documentary sounds great. I love "A Chorus Line." It was one of the first shows I saw on Broadway. I was only 7 or 8 years old and loved every second! Thanks for the heads up on the doc!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad your appetite came back! That lasagna looked great!

    ReplyDelete