About Us

My Photo
the life of a hollywood actress. meal by meal.

Friday, October 9, 2009

Lynn - Oh My Darling Clementine

Our Aunt Gail was in town from Massachusetts so we headed over to our cousin's tonight. On the way, we picked up dinner at Clementine.

Clementine is a family-owned bakery/cafe featuring home-made, local, and seasonal food. They offer entrees to go, which come packaged and ready-to-heat:

After 30 minutes in the oven, this went in my belly - chicken pot pie, braised beef brisket, mashed potatoes, broccoli/cauliflower with pickled shallots and almonds, roasted brussels sprouts with balsamic onions, and roasted carrots with olives/feta. My cousin Jennifer also prepared some angel hair pasta tossed with olive oil, which also went on my plate:

Everything here, times two. It was insanely delicious. "Yum-a-doo," as my little cousin Finn described it.

For dessert, I brought over my bag of Yummy Earth lollipops for everyone to sample. Here's a multi-generational review:

Aunt Gail had the "Mango Tango." She said it was refreshing, not too sweet (which she liked), and tasty, though she would not be able to describe the flavor as "Mango."

Franny tried the "Too Berry Blueberry." She liked that it was slightly sour, with a swirl of sweet creaminess in one section and she enjoyed that balance. She liked that it didn't taste artificial and was impressed that they don't use fake dyes to color their candy. Franny also liked the creative names for all the different flavors.

Mark chose the "Sour Apple Tart." His review: "Good."

I agreed with all of them! Like Mark said, it is, quite simply, just a good product. The fact that they are free of chemicals, pesticides, dyes, and Certified Organic is just the icing on the cake, er....lollipop? They really should make an icing lollipop, by the way. My other suggestion to Yummy Earth is that they should offer a bigger sphere size pop, with something in the middle.... like a Tootsie Pop. Then I can finally kick my corn-syrup-on-a-stick habit for good!

Thanks for dinner, Mark and Jen and thanks to Yummy Earth for our sweet treats!


share on: facebook

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that food does look delicious! So great to have a place like that where you can get healthy, homecooked meals to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the post. The food look great. You should get in touch with the bizymoms Lynn community to feature these on their page. the mom's will love to hear about this place

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of Clementine. Sounds like a great concept.

    Glad you had a great night with the fam. Everyone is so adorable sporting those pops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. I definitely want to get some of those Organic Lollipops for Halloween, not for kids but for myself, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clementine sounds great! I love how everything is local and seasonal. I'm a huge supporter of restaurants that prioritize this...wish there were more around here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved everyone's lollipop reviews! :)

    Dinner sounds delicious!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the post; loved the pix; loved the lollies

    ReplyDelete