About Us

My Photo
actor. blogger. activist. www.lynnchen.com

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Christy - Truffle Heaven

My husband and I had a scrumptious job today - we ate some of the truffles from Nicobella. Now I will start by saying that I am generally not a truffle girl. But I am totally excited by these because they are organic, vegan and sweetened with agave (not my arch nemisis cane sugar!). Could it be possible to make it taste good?

The answer is absolutely, 100% yes. I was surprised to find them creamy and deep in flavor even though there is no cream, sugar or butter. We took small bites of 4 different flavors so far - Pumpkin Chai (it is as divine as it sounds!), blueberry almond, pure cocoa bliss, and sunflower banana butter. My favorite was the pumpkin chai and my husband's was the sunflower banana butter. And just a small bite of a few was really satisfying.

I read up on the company as well, and the truffles were developed by a nutritionist which is really great because you know that she is thinking of the health aspect of the truffles. The chocolate is all fair trade. And the packaging is eco-friendly too.

What I love most about these though is that they are the perfect answer as a gift for someone who enjoys sweets. As a health counselor, I can't usually justify getting sweets for anyone, knowing how bad they are for you. But this is a good solution for me - I can give them something they will enjoy without having to compromise my views on health. The truffles are $15 for 6 (Godiva makes a box of 5 for $13, so Nicobella's are actually cheaper!). Go to Nicobellaorganics.com to order a box.

Nichole - I am totally impressed. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to sample these!!


share on: facebook

14 comments:

  1. Those sound amazing! I love the interesting combo of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about truffles being the perfect gift for sweet lovers...I am said sweet lover, and am always thrilled with chocolate as a gift. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflower banana butter sounds sooo unique

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a good deal if I liked chocolate, but will let some of my friends know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, those look too good. and they do look like they would make a lovely gift! (hm, may have to drop some hints to the hub...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review.. I've never met a truffle I didn't like :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound amazing. I'm suddenly craving a truffle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have any left? Do you need my address so you can ship the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great flavors!! Pumpkin chai does sound amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those truffles sound amazing! Pumpkin chai + chocolate is a delish combo. :-)

    ReplyDelete